title: hit graduate
graduation year: 2017
1. what other paths did you consider before choosing parker?
i originally started in the rt program at parker university in january 2013. there are many job opportunities in the health information technology (hit) field that would help advance my career, that is why i chose the hit degree.
2. what made parker the right fit for you?
from the professors, faculty, administrative offices, and students, everyone has been extremely helpful. my program director mr. lintz has been an amazing mentor and wants all of his students to succeed.
3. how has the parker community supported you in your higher education pursuits?
parker university has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. instructor are very caring and interested in students’ well-being. they make sure every online class is fun, educational and interactive.
4. what i s your favorite thing about being a parker student?
i like the friendly atmosphere here and the fact the instructors are really close to the students. we are very supported in our studies.
5. what was the most challenging aspect of being a parker student?
the most challenging aspect of being an online parker student is staying motivated and organized to succeed. there are many reading materials, assignments, and weekly class discussions so keeping an accurate schedule in a day planner and checking it frequently is very critical to succeed.
6. what has been your favorite class at parker? why?
hit coding and reimbursement course has been one of my favorite classes at parker university. these skills enabled me to successfully achieve my goal in the hit field.
7. where will your parker degree take you after graduation?
the knowledge and skills that i have acquired in the hit program have allowed me to explore a variety of career options after my graduation.
8. what is your favorite on-campus activity?
i enjoyed meeting new classmates in each class, and i found myself engaged in a fantastic curriculum supported by amazing online classmates.
9. what is your favorite thing to do off-campus in the dallas area?
i live in north carolina and i like reading, or just listening to music and talking. i love being outside.
10. what is the one thing you want everyone reading this to know about parker university?
the month-long courses fit perfectly into my schedule and i am getting the experience and hands on knowledge to further my career in the health field.