title: massage therapy alumni
1. what was the single most important lesson you learned during your time at parker?
i learned how to not only be a massage therapist, but how to be a better life long learner overall.
2. what made parker the right fit for you?
when i started comparing schools in the area there really was no comparison. parker university had the most “college feel” and with the full campus and benefits of being a part of the university network, it was the obvious choice for me.
3. tell us about a day at parker you’d love to relive.
parker serves is one of my favorite days of the entire year. i love the spirit of comradery that it provides when the group shows up at their designated spot in our matching shirts. it is not about who is a doctor, student, or employee, it is about being a campus that believes in helping those around us.
4. what path did you take following graduation from parker? how did it differ from what you envisioned?
well, i actually stayed! i am now employed full time at parker university which was not at all what i had originally thought i would be looking for, but i love my job! i am still able to practice massage therapy part time and now am a member of the alumni board.
5. how has parker prepared you for success in your career?
currently, i have multiple repeat clients that come weekly for massages for specific therapeutic care which i can provide because parker gave me such a great foundation in the sciences and not just the spa side of the industry.
6. what do you love the most about your chosen profession?
dr. james parker’s principal, “loving service is my first technique” is part of my daily interaction with clients and coworkers.
7. what has been the most rewarding experience of your career?
the most rewarding experiences of my career all involve when someone was in pain or suffering and after receiving treatment they commented on how greatly impacted their physical, mental, and emotional health improved.
8. how (and why) have you stayed connected to parker over the years?
i believe in the education and vision of parker university. from the classroom to parker seminars, to the way i have seen my fellow classmates and co-workers encourage and support each other makes me a proud member of the parker university family.
9. how has your perspective on wellness changed?
before attending massage therapy school, i would have been less likely to seek more holistic medicine and alternative therapies to surgeries. now i feel more informed about wellness and my body and can make better personal choices when it comes to my health.
10. what is the one thing you want everyone reading this to know about parker university?
parker university is unlike any other massage therapy schools in the area. if you are looking for that “collegiate” feel with all the benefits that come from being a university this is absolutely the best choice. but parker is more than just a school. yes, having access to a gym and a full library is amazing, but the people are what make the school into a community of learners and service providers.